Animoca Brands – a blockchain game publisher and venture capital firm – has released its investor update for the first four months of 2022. The firm reportedly made over 340 investments totaling $1.5 billion.
- The report showed Animoca had $573 million in bookings and other income from January 1 to April 30.
- “Bookings” include token sales, NFT sales, and non-blockchain activities. “Other income” includes gains and losses on the Company’s investments and digital asset holdings.
- Animoca has been a heavy investor in various sectors of the crypto industry. It invested $10 million in blockchain gaming platform Lava Labs in March and co-led an $88 million Series B funding round, days before Hex Trust.
- The company reported a cash balance of only $98 million, compared to $211 million worth of crypto holdings. These holdings include a mix of bitcoin, ethereum and top stablecoins.
- Other digital asset holdings, such as third-party tokens, amounted to $659 million. It also has $4.2 billion in reserve crypto tokens (such as SAND, QUIDD, PRIMATE, and others), but these are not included in the firm’s balance sheet.
- Animoca recently partnered with Era Labs to announce On the other hand Project – A metaverse game created for BAYC.
- Led by Liberty City Ventures, Winklevoss Capital and Soros Fund Management, the company raised $360 million in January. This increase brought its total valuation to $5.5 billion.
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter code POTATO50 to get up to $7,000 on your deposit.